About the Center for Security Studies (C4SS)
The Center for Security Studies was established on January 1, 2009. We are primarely MUP student- and alumni-oriented, both in terms of our operation and in terms of our activities, which currently include the following:
- Annual students’ conference with panels on contemporary security topics
- Annual experts’ conference on a major current security issue
- Student research assistant positions in faculty-led research projects
- Roundtable discussions with practitioners from the field
- Blog with debates about contemprorary security topics
- Security Studies Certificate for MUP's master's students
The center aims to:
- Focus on student-oriented activities
- Connect the students/academia with the “real world”, especially by bringing security practitioners as speakers and quest lecturers
- Facilitate greater and deeper interaction of students enrolled in the English degree programs in International Relations and European Studies and the Czech degree programs, as well as the Erasmus exchange students, at Metropolitan University Prague.
- To be bi-lingual in most of its activities, with English being the “official” working language
If you are an MUP student or alumni and you would like to become a member of the C4SS team, please contact us here!